You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity V2 projects always save to my Windows OS as V1 files

I have this problem with all of my Affinity software. I make a project in V2 and save it to my computer (Windows), then in my computer files it is saved as V1 and tries to open with Affinity V1 (which it always fails to do). I've looked in my settings and preferences and I'm unsure what is causing this to happen. It means that I can only open my files by first opening a V2 program and searching for the file within the program (i.e. Open > Pick the file). It's causing a bit of an efficiency problem for me.

I can only think it might be because I still have the V1 version of Affinity suite on the laptop that I'm using. Will I have to delete the V1 suite or is there a setting option I'm missing?

25 minutes ago, Maddie.gee said:

Will I have to delete the V1 suite

No

"All" file extensions have a default app associated with them to open them

Your affinity file extensions are associated with the V1 apps, you just need to reassociate them with the V2 apps

What version of Windows are you on (10 / 11)?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

See the link below for full instructions

The 3 main file types you are looking for in Step 4 are...

.afphoto
.afdesign
.afpub

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-change-file-associations-in-windows-2624477

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.