You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo V2.1 macros not applied before batch

PROBLEM 1:

RGB 0,0,0 in Affinity converts to this in CMYK:

image.png.bb80468080204d1f39a0f7264836a48e.png

It's not supposed to do that.  K should be 100. I've tried it several different ways.

PROBLEM 2, MAYBE RELATED TO PROBLEM 1:

I built a macro that applied a Color Overlay in the Layer Effects (FX) with a true black of CMYK, where K = 100.  I'm trying to change my PNG black and transparent masking images (which use RGB 0,0,0) to have a CMYK value of 100 for K.  So I set a batch process to run my macro on the input images, and export them as JPEG files.

The JPEG file comes back with this for black, which is RGB 0,0,0.

image.png.005f8066c2e767a9eca8441ccf8a99b8.png

If I manually run the macro on an input image, and export it to a JPEG, the JPEG results in a CMYK value of 100 for K -- I just can't make a batch process do that.

Edited by SonjaThompson
Clarification

Okay, the internet information messed me up on this point, but you bring up a good point, about saturation.  For publishing, ink saturation is a problem.

Since I'm trying to make a rasterized mask completely block part of an image, it has to be fully saturated, or the mask won't completely block the image where it needs to.  I have found that CMYK 100,100,100,100 does block well.

I can deal with that, if Problem 2 has a solution....

On 7/14/2023 at 2:03 AM, SonjaThompson said:

Since I'm trying to make a rasterized mask completely block part of an image, it has to be fully saturated, or the mask won't completely block the image where it needs to.  I have found that CMYK 100,100,100,100 does block well.

For that, you may be seeing this known issue: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/search/&tags=AFP-3014

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for that.  It looks like the color black issue is known, at least.  FX 3D is known to cause a problem.  I'm using FX Color Overlay in my macro, not 3D.

But it doesn't explain why my macro to do an FX color overlay of CMYK 100,100,100,100 in a batch process produces images with RGB 0 0 0 (in other words, no change).  Especially since I can make it work manually with images one by one, if I save as JPEG.  Unfortunately, I didn't have the same result manually trying to save a PNG.

If masking recognized RGB 0 0 0 as a pure black for masking and some of the other effects, it would solve MY problem, but perhaps open Pandoras box for other folks.  I'd rather see the batch processing apply my macro.

Okay, so this is where I "eat a little crow."  After reading all the responses, I tried one more thing.  If I change my document profile to RGB/8, masks with black at RGB 0 0 0 will block completely.  That really threw me for a loop.  See, I like to build scrapbooks, so it makes sense to use CMYK as my document profile.  But I want RGB 0 0 0 in my masks to block completely...  Maybe I'll have to care less about using CMYK for these things.

I still don't understand the macro not working in my batch, but I can live with this for now.