You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export shows edges

EZP

When exporting a file into PDF format, or JPEG, the export shows edges of items within that file, specially is items are scaled.

For example, in attached file, the eyelash icons export with a visible micro white edge around some blocks.

This has been a problem for several versions.  And it doesn't happen when usign Adobe Illustrator. Help.  This is extremely frustrating.

LL Print Pattern - scaled.pdf LL Print Pattern.afdesign

2 minutes ago, ernie-f said:

Hi EZP,

that is your mistake. Your Artboard is on the right side bigger then the grafik.

I'm not referring to the outside edge of the board.  I'm referring to the individual little icons.   Let me see if I can get s screen shot.  

Here's a screen shot close up of the pdf that's exported. Drew some arrows pointing to the issue.  It's the same pdf I posted above.  This situation isn't unique to this file btw.  And If I follow the exact same process but using adobe software, the problem doesnt show. Screenshot2023-07-12130606.thumb.jpg.e25a828b1868f1604e369aa4317c19d6.jpg

found the culprit.

It's this setting.

The default seems to be "unsupported properties".  This ends up drawing that jagged micro edge, regardless if I scale items or not.

But when I change that setting to Nothing or to Everything, the exports are clean.  No micro-edges.

culprit.jpg

LL Print Pattern.afdesign LL Print Pattern test unsupported.pdf LL Print Pattern test everything.pdf LL Print Pattern test nothing.pdf LL Print Pattern test scaled nothing.pdf LL Print Pattern test scaled everything.pdf LL Print Pattern test scaled unsupported.pdf