You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Set Rotation of a group of objects to 0?

Hello - in this image, the "side front" group of objects has a rotation of 27.1 degrees.  I'd like to keep this group looking the same on the screen, but set the rotation to 0.  I want to do this because I rotate this group to match my seams for sewing, and then I need to rotate the group back to it's original orientation so that I can cut the pattern on the straight grain.  It is far easier to do this if the original orientation is 0, rather than having to remember that it's 27.1 degrees.  Is there a way to do this? Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 4.38.38 PM.png

Under the Select Menu there is an option to cycle the selection box Select > Cycle Selection Box You can also use the shortcut key period .

image.png.fc1ec5620c397342ffbdf48ac8dffdfa.png

This doesn't appear to be a permanent setting. 

iMac 27" 2019 Sequoia 15.0 (24A335), iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 1 year later...

So helpful to know this, thanks. Just to add to the answer, there are two steps in Affinity Designer 2 under the 'Select' menu as shown here... One to 'cycle selection' (a), and a second step under the same 'Select menu to 'set selection' (b). This locks in you change, otherwise it will revert back.

Menubar_and_Affinity_Designer_2_-_Set_Rotation_A.png

Menubar_and_Affinity_Designer_2_-_Set_Rotation_B.png

Edited by Simon Darby