You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

SVG objects not adding to assets

I tried to add an SVG image to my V2 Publisher assets. It would not add to the assets at all. No error message. No crash. Just silently refused to add. I don't know if this is a one of situation, or is this a known bug? Any suggestions? I tried to add by dragging onto the assets panel as well as the "Add from selection" method. Neither works.

• Staff

Hi @Larry Fjeldstrom,

The apps won't allow you to add placed SVG/EPS/PDF files in your document directly into your assets, and this should result in the notification message that anto has shown above in the upper right hand corner (Independent of Linked/embedded placement policy the notification should prompt).

However, if your SVG exists as an embedded resource if you select it and then click 'edit document' along the context toolbar or just double click the layer this should open it in a separate document tab, where you can select the SVG layer in the layers panel and then use 'add from selection' in the asset panel to create an asset out of it. 🙂