You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Replicating erase blend mode in a vector file

Hi, 
I am trying to design a negative (white/black) version of a coloured logo. The text "Affi kart" is composed of the actual two words in black plus an outline curve in white.
The issue is that when I set the black "Affi kart" text to white, as it should be, the separation between the text and the sweeping curve disappears (see picture below).

Of course, I could just paint the white outline black. However, that only works on coloured backgrounds and I actually need to print this logo as a transfer sticker.
Another way to do it would be to set the blend mode of the outline to "erase", but that only works in a raster file and I would like to keep everything as a vector, if possible.

Is there a way to cut/erase the white outline from the sweeping curve?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

image.png.50e8292ca4994ae9d3861799b2bcf607.png

AFFI KART.pdf

To cut the white outline from the red swoosh:

1. Duplicate all the white outline and the red swoosh layers. You’ll perform all the following steps on the new, duplicate layers.
  2. Expand the stroke of the white outline layers.
  3. Move all the white outline layers above the red swoosh layer.
  4. Select all the white outline layers and the red swoosh layer.
  5. Use the Geometry Subtract Boolean operation to subtract the white outlines from the red swoosh.

Joining objects with Booleans
https://affinity.help/designer2/en-US.lproj/pages/ObjectControl/join.html

Expand stroke
https://affinity.help/designer2/en-US.lproj/pages/CurvesShapes/expandStroke.html

If you’re using Affinity Photo instead of Designer, the Boolean operations are in the menu: Layer > Geometry.