You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to open raw file of Olympus OMD EM-5 Mark III

Hello everybody, 

I‘m using Affinity Photo V2.1 on an iPad Pro 5th Generation with iPad OS 16.5. I imported raw files via OI.Share into Photo. These raw files were imported into Lightroom and thus are available on the iPad. As next I wanted to import a Raw file into Affinity Photo V2.1. This results in the error message shown in the attached screenshot. 

Importing a screenshot works fine. The problem seems to occur only when importing Olympus RAW files. 

Has anybody else similar problems? Or does somebody have solution for this problem? 

Any help is appreceated. 

Best regards 

Thomas 

IMG_5908.png

• Staff

Hi @Thomas Neumann welcome to the forums,

Looks like an issue with the location the image is being opened from, there is known issue with Sony A7iv raw files causing a similar error when imported from apple photos, however i've just downloaded a sample RAW file from your Camera, saved it to Apple Photos and then used the 'import from Photos' function within Affinity Photo and it has opened the file as expected.

Could you clarify how you're opening the RAW file in affinity (E.G 'Open Document', 'Import from Photos') and what location the files are being opened from? If you could capture the process on a screen recording that would also help, i've linked a guide below. 🙂

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/ipad/ipad08a40f3b/ipados

Many thanks

I am having exactly the same problem - I get the same error message if I try to open raw files taken with my E-M5 and my E-M10. They are imported with OI.Share into my photo app. I have just come back from a trip and have a load of iPhone raw files (taken with the Obscura app) and I can open these just fine, it seems to be an issue with the Olympus files. I am using the “import from photos” command to get the photo from the Apple Photo app as I was doing before the upgrade. I am on the latest version of iPadOS.

All was great until the upgrade - worked fine. I am now having to use the Version 1 app for all my Olympus raw processing.

IMG_7935.png

• Staff

Hi @Kim Simko @Sue Michelmore welcome to the forums,

The issue you have described is different to what has been described by the Original Poster and sounds like a known issue in regards to RAW + JPEG files failing to pull the RAW image and instead opening the JPEG version, this is an issue we have logged with the developers that's being investigated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...