You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Enemy unknown: mask ghosts

I have run into a quite wierd mask behaviour last night. I thought it is caused by working late, but the bug is there even on monday, so… time to report this one.

What I was doing before this:

- add layer filled with gray, set the opacity mode

- add mask to that layer

- then recomposing image, changing crop etc. (not able to restore)

What I am doing to do on video:

- paint the mask of the layer

- paint into the layer itself.

None of this was possible.

video file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5u3z6kc754mn3no/layer-mask-ghostbug.mp4?dl=0

As You can see, there is some "ghost" object which behaves as a mask, even I havent created such thing and it is also not on layers.

Solution? I have exported the file in to PSD and all layers worked just fine. Actually, there

PS:: is there a way to attach the video directly?

Hi,

unfortunatelly not. I was a bit stressed trying to finish the task in time and I have not save the buggy version. I have tried to recover the steps on the file, but I am not able to reproduce this.

I have resized the canvas by using crop tool and I am sure the bug appeared after this step, but it works now.

However, I will do a lot of work next week, will start with AP again, I will keep in mind to save the buggy versions (if any -hope not).

L

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.