You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why does Designer display the same item differently when it's copied and flipped?

I've been trying to use Designer as an entry tool into editing for pixel art since last year and I've been encountering roadblock after roadblock. I'm at the cusp of giving it up in favour of photoshop. Lately I've realised one bizarre situation: if I pick an object I have drawn [left], Duplicate it and flip it, why does it appear differently? Should it not be literally exactly the same-pixel-for-pixel? This is viewed through Pixel View at Nearest Neighbour view quality. To make it even more complicated, when exported via NN it looks identical to the original on the left?

Also is there a way to disable the random overantialiasing when I rasterise anything [even things drawn with pixel and never changed], please?

image_2023-05-26_193437317.png

Zoom in pretty close and move the duplicated object and see how the pixels react in the area's you have circled, note the x: and y: co-ordinates of the original and then the flipped, are they integer values?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

5 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Zoom in pretty close and move the duplicated object and see how the pixels react in the area's you have circled, note the x: and y: co-ordinates of the original and then the flipped, are they integer values?

Thanks for your answer. I had actually realised looking at it by accident that it was slightly off by a few 0.00s. I have no idea how this could have happened, seeing as i drew it by hand using pixel mode and I'm forcing pixel alignment, but correcting that made it view correctly. Thanks for your help. Now I just need to work out how to rasterise something without antialiasing it.