You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to select multiple line nodes and move them together (as if they were 1 line segment)

Hi,

In Affinity Designer 2 on an iPad, how do I move multiple line nodes together as one? 

If I use the Node tool to click on a single node, I can drag it and the line around it reshapes.  I want to do that same thing, but instead of selecting 1 node, I want to select many nodes and move them together. 

For example, say I have a line with 90 nodes that was drawn with the Pencil tool.  I use the Node tool to lasso select 10 nodes next to each other.  I then want to drag those 10 nodes away from the the rest of the line (while maintaining the shape of the selected nodes, and the nodes at the edges of the selection will of course stretch).  However, I can't seem to figure out how to do this. If I switch to the Move tool, the application instantly undoes my 10 node partial selection and instead selects the whole object on that layer.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks

You only need the node tool, and possibly the controller to activate a modifier key. Do not switch to other tools.

Select multiple nodes by drawing a rectangle, or using the shift modifier key and selecting one node after the other to be added.

Then, use the pen or finger to touch and hold one of the selected nodes, and drag them into their new position.

Finally, lift the pen or finger to release the nodes.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.