You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export artwork from Designer to EPS or PDF

Hello everyone,

I have been working on an illustration in Adobe Illustrator, which I then imported via PDF to Designer for some corrections as I don't have access to Illustrator anymore. After having done my corrections I wanted to export my artwork to a PDF (I tried EPS as well), but after hitting enter the progress bar just hangs and nothing happens... I even let it run in the background for over 30 minutes, but the bar didn't move one mm. I never had this problem in Illustrator, so could anyone explain what is wrong here... I really need help with this as I'm on a deadline. Thanks in advance for your help.

PS. It's Affinity Designer for Windows.

Land use_Global_2021_04_01_rettet.afdesign

On 4/10/2023 at 3:47 PM, lacerto said:

I am not sure if it breaks anything but Layer > Ungroup all lets export the design without problems (but why complex grouping halts the processing, I have not idea).

Thanks for trying. I tried that as well and yes, it breaks the artwork. :(

52 minutes ago, Park_Triolo said:

Thanks for trying. I tried that as well and yes, it breaks the artwork. :(

Yes, sorry, should have had a closer look. And it does ruin it pretty badly. The design is so deeply structured and detailed that it is probably very time consuming to try to fix it (and though much of it does not appear to require deep nesting and isolation, some parts do, but pinpointing those exact parts may be hard, and might require help from Illustrator to properly see what was done in the original).