You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

After processing my image in the development persona and now working in the photo persona my image has a pixel border on the top and bottom of my image which I cant figure how to turn in off.  I can crop it out but them it changes the dimensions on my photo.  Help please 

Sounds like you developed a RAW file, take care of it's processing dimension adjustments in the development persona, before taking it over into the photo persona.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

13 hours ago, Cicco said:

Not sure what you meant by dimension adjustments before taking it over.

Look if you RAW cam is supported at all and if the whole sensor/image area is correctly occupied. If yes, then check also for possible needed lens related corrections etc.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Thank you.  I see now what i did wrong.  In the Development Persona my output was set as Pixel Layer.  When I switched the output to RAW Layer (linked)or, RAW Layer (embedded) then the strange pixel border at the top and bottom of the image disappeared.  Thank you again

image.thumb.jpeg.cc6fda2b7a0435259c834a7a4896a9ae.jpegSorry I think I still have an issue.  Please see attached.  The top and bottom boarder appears as pixels on my screen and only appeared once i added a live motion blur filter.  It doesn't appear when I add just a normal motion blur filter.  Why does this pixel border appear when I use a live filter vs not live filter

1 hour ago, Cicco said:

Why does this pixel border appear when I use a live filter vs not live filter

That effect is a reduction of opacity at top and bottom. The destructive filter always often preserves alpha (responsible for opacity) at the perimeter of the canvas, whereas alpha preservation is an option in the live filter. A bug in Affinity 2 often prevents the checkbox for alpha preservation from being shown, but it can be persuaded to appear by repeatedly clicking the thumbnail of the live filter.