You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy and Pasting Style & Formatting without Bitmap Rescaling

I am attempting to copy the Bitmap Fill from one object to another. The problem is that when I paste the Bitmap Fill, not only does it not transfer the Recolor Layer Adjustment that I did to the first object, but it also rescales the Bitmap Fill based on the size of the object I am pasting it into. 

image.png.eb556114a8253089f9acfb12cd6aea77.pngimage.png.3c04da30b9dc652b84c6e61695cee4f1.png

As you can see, when pasting the texture from the right object onto the left object, it loses its recolor and becomes skewed. Is there any way I can ensure that this doesn't happen?

12 hours ago, Haunto said:

I am attempting to copy the Bitmap Fill from one object to another.

That will end in tears, try a different approach

If you group objects
Apply the gradient to the group (Photo parlance, Publisher calls it the Fill tool as does Designer I think)
Select bitmap fill
Size, change angle as desired
Now select one of the objects and you can move the gradient origin without resizing

Additional objects can be added to the group:
Add an object
Nest within the group
Select the group gradient
Move the gradient origin a smidge and the new object will pick up the group gradient

A recolour layer within the group ought to work

BitmapFill1.jpg

BitmapFill2.jpg

BitmapFill3.jpg

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

Layer effects, I think V2 calls them Quick FX
Copy the source object, select the target object and do Edit/Paste FX - that's V1 hopefully V2 is similar

Adjustment layers can be copied, then select the target layer, choose an appropriate position from the  Insertion icons, paste

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

Thank you very much, I played around with it and I think I can figure out a workflow. It's much more involved with Layers, which I never had to deal with very much for my old stuff, but I think it's worth it for the increased speed and versatility to learn.