You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Remove Noise from the Color studio and add it to the FX studio

This is for all AD v2 platforms but Im referring to the ipad version here.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The noise slider should not be in the color studio. It is not a property of color. I dont know why its there. On ipad its just taking up space in the color studio. It shouldnt be there. It should be an effect that can be turned on in the FX studio. In photoshop, there are filters that can be applied like noise and gaussian blur. Gaussian blur being an effect in the fx studio in AD means that noise should be there too. I know thats not really a good reason on why noise should be put in the fx studio but if gaussian blur is there then so should noise. If noise is a slider in the color studio then gaussian blur should also be a slider in the color studio. But you dont really want to do that because they'd be better as their own effects in the FX studio.

Another reason why noise should be in the fx studio is because I need to be able to change 2 values from the noise effect. Currently, noise is just a slider that adds noise. Thats the first value. The amount of noise you want your work to have. You can have 0% noise or 100% noise. The 2nd value that needs to be in its context menu of noise in the fx studio is the scale of the noise. You cant do that with the noise slider. It only changes the amount of noise, but I need to be able to change the size of my noise. Currently, its really small noise. The size of a pixel but I'd like to scale up my noise so that I have larger size noise. So there should be 2 value inputs in the context menu of the noise effect if it was its own effect in the fx studio. The amount of noise and the scale of the noise. 

I just now realized while typing all this out is that there should actually be more context menu value inputs for the noise like the color of the noise, the opacity of the noise, and the blend modes of the noise. So there needs to be a whole context menu with different value inputs for noise in the fx studio. Not just an amount slider in the color studio that shouldnt be there. Amount, scale, opacity, color, and blend modes. Exactly what the other effects in the fx studio have in their context menu. 

Sigh. I just need this noise slider removed from the color studio and added to the fx studio as its own effect with a whole context menu of value inputs listed above.