You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

designerv2 win10 16g using both this and the beta version, cannot select image and erase

In the published version, scrolling in and out sent the code to never land, in the beta version, i have not tried scrolling in and out, just selected the image from the layers list, and then try to erase the outer black frame line.  Cant do it, its impossible!!! you can select all day and try to erase all day, it wont happen.

this file edited and saved with beta 2.1 is set up to just try to erase .  Try it, can you do it? if so how did you do it?  

This is happening over and over.  If i start with a new instance and then load in the pages i need from the pdf, i can edit maybe 2, sometimes 3 of the pages, before it fails.   Then i have to drop it all and start again.  Not really a useful feature for business! or any editing, you know?

In this upload i have the wrong tool selected, lol, sorry, select the correct tool to erase and try it.

wildflowersofbri01adam2.afdesign

you know there is seriously something wrong with this software.   Its all over the place.   I pulled the top layer off to the side, to edit the layer underneath, then saved that layer then try to pull the layer from the side back over the edited layer.  Now to find that layer thats on the side, i notice it has named and moved the layer i just saved to a different layer.  WHAT?  WHY? I dont want this!  now i scan up to select the layer on the side, and find it and select it in the layer panel, then drag it over to its previous position.  And what happens? its somehow moved other windows over? or i dont know im zoomed in, there is some long blue line on the left side of it dont have a clue  zoom out and all the pages are inside a blue lined box what?, and if i try to send it backwards under the layer i just edited, nothing happens!  who knows whats going on now? i dont.  You know, this is all wrong, and not what i expected when i purchased it.  No thank you.,                                         

craper 2.afdesign

• Staff

Hi @Anyone2,

After opening your file in the 2.1 beta i'm not having any issues with using the pixel persona erase tool on the pixel layers on your artboad. after ensuring that the pixel layer is selected on your artboard have you checked that your Opacity and Flow values along the context toolbar are set high enough for the erase to be visible? The Erase brush tool will also use your currently selected brush on the brushes panel, so it would be worth checking that you have a standard/basic brush selected on this panel as well.

If you're still having issues, it would be helpful if you could provide additional screenshots/ a screen recording of the app demonstrating the problem.

Also, after opening both your documents they both appear to have a pixel selection active covering all your artboards which might be causing you issues, it would be worth cancelling this active selection (CTRL + D to deselect).

33 minutes ago, NathanC said:

Hi @Anyone2,

After opening your file in the 2.1 beta i'm not having any issues with using the pixel persona erase tool on the pixel layers on your artboad. after ensuring that the pixel layer is selected on your artboard have you checked that your Opacity and Flow values along the context toolbar are set high enough for the erase to be visible? The Erase brush tool will also use your currently selected brush on the brushes panel, so it would be worth checking that you have a standard/basic brush selected on this panel as well.

If you're still having issues, it would be helpful if you could provide additional screenshots/ a screen recording of the app demonstrating the problem.

Also, after opening both your documents they both appear to have a pixel selection active covering all your artboards which might be causing you issues, it would be worth cancelling this active selection (CTRL + D to deselect).

I had selected the image by clicking on it in the layers panel THATS THE POINT, yet it wasnt selected? but all of them? That clearly is a bug.  After using this software for doing the same thing over and over, it gets lost and goes off on its own. That is a bug. I dont change anything from working on one page to the next, it does it all by itself.  I dont know how to record my screen to show you, hence this file. It got the way it is all by itself.  

And why is it naming my layers? I did not tell it to name my layers !!!! 

• Staff

To clarify, after opening your document you have an active Pixel selection on your document as indicated by the marching ants in the screenshot below(Different to a standard layer selection which is indicated by the blue bounding box) which could be causing you problems whilst working on different layers within the file, the quickest way to cancel an active pixel selection is to use the CTRL + D command which cancels all active layer and pixel selections. After cancelling the selection see if you're then running into the same problems.

image.png

https://affinity.help/designer2/English.lproj/pages/Selections/selections_create.html

9 hours ago, NathanC said:

To clarify, after opening your document you have an active Pixel selection on your document as indicated by the marching ants in the screenshot below(Different to a standard layer selection which is indicated by the blue bounding box) which could be causing you problems whilst working on different layers within the file, the quickest way to cancel an active pixel selection is to use the CTRL + D command which cancels all active layer and pixel selections. After cancelling the selection see if you're then running into the same problems.

image.png

https://affinity.help/designer2/English.lproj/pages/Selections/selections_create.html

I will look at it, thank you for the info.  Yes i did see that area was in the marching ants and wondered why and how that happened.   Thats when i just closed it all down and started again.  This last time i was editing i just started over, trying to get it done and move on.  I have like 150 pages to go though.  I looked at the link, and saw this 

To create a pixel selection from a layer:

• On the Layers panel, click the chosen layer's thumbnail while pressing the  .  interesting it cut off 'ctrl key' part.  I did not know that how you have to select a layer in the pixel mode.  Im sitting here with a dumfounded expression on my face!  Never did i expect that!  

But you dont say why the software named my exported layer in the layers panel!!! i want it to remain named what i have it.  It has no right to do that.  

Also while you are there?  that bounding line in the image is the art board right?  why is it that shape? it was never like that before the last update, it was a square, or rectangle.  Now its that goofy shape. its very distracting.