You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When 'Maximum ink' is set to 320%, so it catches incorrectly converted RGB blacks, the preflight panel will flag any object with an 'Outline' layer effect as "Filter Effect ink density too high (327%)". This happens even if the outline effect is well under the 320% mark, as shown in the image below:

1267619113_OutlineC100.thumb.png.31226b80188bd7ae5468cc783e3b6c8e.png

Furthermore, disabling the outline effect will not stop the object being flagged. See below:

2056395561_OutlineDisabled.thumb.png.aab434bf8bded10e6998b278d8682dde.png

You need to press the 'X' to remove the effect, so the object is no longer flagged:

1349052954_OutlineRemoved.thumb.png.288af4d9cd1ab682fd9662f2703ee252.png

Moreover, if you deliberately set the effect to something over 320%, and also different from 327%, you'll get two errors. One for the actual real problem, and another for the imagined 327%. See the attached image:

2075808363_OutlineDeliberateError.thumb.png.2c9a8ef16e47a39a10054d47236e98dc.png

Even moreover, disabling the outline effect will remove neither of the errors, only deletion will work as mentioned above:

49229600_OutlineDeliberateErrorDisabled.thumb.png.b20065d7a5b724b5d74826b0b3b29feb.png

Finally, this error happens even if the outline effect is applied to an object inside another document, provided the option 'Look inside placed documents' is active:

1709833915_OutlineLinkedFile.thumb.png.9c5ebcb97e8c2cd654efc5c2afb4b195.png

The steps to reproduce are:

• Enabling the preflight options mentioned:
    • Maximum ink set to 320%
    • Look inside placed documents
  • Create any shape
  • Apply the outline effect
  • Check the error on the preflight panel

Thanks!

• Staff
On 3/1/2023 at 11:50 AM, LCamachoDesign said:

The steps to reproduce are:

• Enabling the preflight options mentioned:
    • Maximum ink set to 320%
    • Look inside placed documents
  • Create any shape
  • Apply the outline effect
  • Check the error on the preflight panel

I've just tried this and also followed your screenshots and so far I haven't been able to get a warning about the ink level, screenshot is attached.  Could you attach the afpub file you show in your screenshots and I'll see if I can replicate it with that.

Screenshot 2023-03-03 093443.png

Sure. It's just a completely normal, brand new, Publisher file. It's attached. EDIT: I'm using the Microsoft Store version, don't know if that helps narrow it down.

Don't forget that you need to manually set the pre-flight values every time you open the app, due to this bug:

Settings are as below:

42389831_Preflightsettings.thumb.png.b3156c2c9eda6a2b345b5bbeb11ea07e.png

I've also noticed another bug related to preflight, but I'll post it in another topic.

Thanks!

Preflight Sample.afpub

• Staff
2 hours ago, LCamachoDesign said:

Sure. It's just a completely normal, brand new, Publisher file. It's attached. EDIT: I'm using the Microsoft Store version, don't know if that helps narrow it down.

Thanks for the file :) 

I've replicated it with your file and also from scratch in a new file.  I had the Colour Profile set on my test document as U.S Web Coated which is why I couldn't replicate it before.  To see this error, you need to change the colour profile of the document to COATED FORGRA39, which yours using.

I'll get this logged with the Dev team now I've replicated it :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "Preflight Maximum ink setting can wrongly report an error" (REF: AFB-7443) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1732".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.