You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

open and save file v.2 and v.1

Welcome!

Since their proprietary file format isn't forward compatible for future additions & enhancements, thus it's so to say only backward compatible.

Further Affinity misses to apply some CLI tool, which one could use before to identify the possible file type version, so which tells concrete what version file an Affinity file is/was build with. Instead you always have to start/use an Affinity app in order to find out if a certain Affinity file is readable/loadable or not. - Actually as it is, the whole is suboptimal if you have a bunch of mixed v1 and v2 files flying around and are using v1 apps.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

7 hours ago, prawijaya01 said:

thank you for answering, but in my case, my cilent still use V.1 
so my be i should to still using v.1 , because no one solution to open file v.2 can edit in v.1 

my be i do not upgrade to v.2 ?

Either you use V1, or your client also upgrades too to version v2.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 7 months later...
9 hours ago, B064RT said:

i really hope that V2 have "save as V.1" option

It does not have that option. Considering how many V2 features & functions V1 lacks it is unlikely that it ever will. Too many things V1 can't handle would either have to be omitted entirely from the 'save as' or converted to something that was too different from the V2 implementation to be very useful.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

13 hours ago, R C-R said:

It does not have that option. Considering how many V2 features & functions V1 lacks it is unlikely that it ever will. Too many things V1 can't handle would either have to be omitted entirely from the 'save as' or converted to something that was too different from the V2 implementation to be very useful.

but sometime i need it, when i work in PC with upgraded version (v2) and old macbook (high sierra os) which v2 not supported. For me, its ok if they cut some effects or styles when save as old v1, but at least i can open my work at my old mac (cannot upgrade the os). But still i love V2..