laggy choppy tearing performance on windows 10

hi good fellas,

i'm working on pretty old machine.

i5-2500S on gigabyte H61M-DS5 (v.5)

450W 80+ bronze

8Gb RAM (1 slot)

nvidia GTX 1650 4Gb

SSD for OS, affinity and save location

i'm using V1 and loved how affinity shaped now (been waiting since 2016) but the performance is somewhat laggy and choppy on my PC (whether just navigating in the viewport or dragging/arranging stuff in my design. i ask this because i'm using illustrator in this PC too and the problem is felt lesser than when i'm using affinity designer.

is this happened because of my old pc or V2 would be better for me ?

• Staff

Hi @khalifah iskandar welcome to the forums,

If you're experiencing performance related problems on your PC in V1 chances are you'll encounter the same issues in V2, however there is a free 30 day trial of V2 so you are welcome to try V2 for comparison.

I've linked an FAQ guide below which details settings within the app that can be changed in the Performance preferences that may result in a performance increase, so it would be worth going through the below, Though your Hardware along with the type of file(s) you're working on will have a significant impact on the general performance of the app as well.