You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×
Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

Night Sky Resource Pack

Starbase1

Hello All, 

I'm a CGI artist, and fellow of the International Association of Astronomical Artists, and I've put together my first resource product!

I dislike using long exposure photos of the night sky, as they really don't look much like what your eye sees. So I decided to make a big collection of both accurate constellations based on the real night sky, and fictional ones, (I have generally made these a lot richer). High resolution, (over 6k across), mostly lossless PNG, some PSD. Some star fields are provided with multiple layers you can turn on and off for even more variety.

https://starbase1.gumroad.com/l/NightSky

The star fields are big enough for you to pan around them, or zoom in and out, even with 4k resolution video.

I've also included high resolution renders of the Moon in all phases, and two styles, (realistic and dramatic). Also views from directions other than from Earth, for spaceflight scene2. 1.5 Gigabytes in total, for a mere $3.99

There are also tutorial videos, using my favourite image software, Affinity Photo. These are intended to help people get the most out of the resources, and cover things like blending the Moon into a sunset sky, adjusting the star fields for specific purposes, adjusting star colours, and working with the multilayer files.

I attach a starfield with added Moon seen from the far side, to give you a better idea of what's in there.

I hope you like them.

Nick

6k-rich-stars-4-moon-demo.jpg