You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UI Scaling: Text and icons are too small and often diffcult to read. As screen resolutions improve this is going to get worse.

The text and icons in all apps are often too small and there are no options to resize them except for the font size on Mac which is still pretty small. I realise it's been mentioned elsewhere many times and it's no simple task to make the interface scalable but it really makes Affinity software the most difficult to quickly navigate of all the software I use. This includes Solidworks CAD which is a lot older than Affinity products and has options for resizing the interface. Even the standarad text in Affinity is significantly smaller than the text in Solidworks. 

Snag_8b6a5a7.png

Snag_8b6dd22.png

Edited by MattyC
Image adjustment

• 5 months later...

Due to the small icons and text, the software is UNUSABLE on high-DPI displays, which is MOST NEWER DISPLAYS today.Due to the small icons and text, the software is UNUSABLE on high-DPI displays, which is MOST NEWER DISPLAYS today.  I hope Serif rectifies this soon, and for V2 rather than some later V3, which given the history, could be years away.

• 2 weeks later...

The UI is not actually usable on my MAC display.  The text in the UI is about 30% the size of my system text - which is already very small.  As I loaded Photos 2, I was absolutely unable to read the Terms of Agreement and I couldn't even FIND the checkbox for "I Accept".

This is not a casual problem.  This is a show stopper so I am surprised to see no response from Affinity here.  This will cause customers to abandon the product, however reluctantly.  Someone at Affinity needs to escalate this.

After many years of futile requests by countless users, I see no reason to hope that Affinity will ever provide a comfortable, user-oriented interface for its applications. Numerous people in these forums have posted detailed descriptions showing how the release of Affinity 2 made the UI even more dysfunctional than before.

For some background and history, see my post from 7/20/2023 that will lead you to others.

Everything is a tradeoff. Either you will make do with Affinity's dysfunctional, poorly-designed, unpleasant UI, or you will choose software products from another company with designers more attuned to usability requirements. Just don't expect Affinity products to accommodate your need to see what you are doing on screen. 

Affinity Photo 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6; Affinity Publisher 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6. Windows 10 Home x64 version 22H2.
Dell XPS 8940, 16 GB Ram, Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060