You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Left and Right shift after adding page

kristkos

Hello folks,

I've seen multiple posts about this bugs but no one has provided steps to recreate it as chances are they didn't realized what has caused it.
As I am working with a TTRPG style booklet, due to it, I have to add pages into the middle of my work constantly, however, every time I do, everything shifts either to the left or to right by 20 or so pixels to all pages below it. It also depends where the page is located on the spread, if it's on the left side it will shift to the left. 

Using the latest updated Affinity Publisher and current page count of my work is 31
Windows 11 
CPU Ryzen 5 1600x
Ram 16gb.

Let me know if there is any additional information I can provide
Left arrow is the shift, and the right is where it is supposed to be, it affect everything, just not full page images, however, small ones are affected like in the picture below. 
image.png.4584a705c52883b97cdff56809d8cc2f.png

Hi, Publisher has an issue with inserting a single page into a facing-pages document in which text frames are placed on master pages.

The best solution is to avoid inserting single pages. This is easy to do if you simply link all the text frames. On the masters, link the left frame to the right frame. On individual pages, link all the frames together in sequence (which will be done automatically for you if you link the frames on the masters). Then there is never a need to insert a page, you can just insert text. Insert page breaks as required instead of inserting pages.

I don't have to worry about this issue in my book even though I often move content around because it's all one big story, series of linked frames.

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• Staff

Hey @kristkos @MikeTO,

I've not been able to replicate the page content shift after adding a single page in between two facing pages, I even tried doing this by adding a page with a Master page applied to it that was set to a single page. I feel like i'm missing something key here as the contents of the subsequent pages retain the same positioning. Have either of you got a sample document where this occurs that I could take a look at?

I feel as if this has previously been logged but I haven't spotted anything yet.

36 minutes ago, NathanC said:

Hey @kristkos @MikeTO,

I've not been able to replicate the page content shift after adding a single page in between two facing pages, I even tried doing this by adding a page with a Master page applied to it that was set to a single page. I feel like i'm missing something key here as the contents of the subsequent pages retain the same positioning. Have either of you got a sample document where this occurs that I could take a look at?

I feel as if this has previously been logged but I haven't spotted anything yet.

To better represent I've created a small video with how it occurs. I have also sent via PM the actual files.

6 hours ago, NathanC said:

Hey @kristkos @MikeTO,

The problem I was referring to was the more general one with inserting single pages into facing-page documents with master frames. In this document with unlinked master frames, I inserted a single page after page 1.

master frames.afpub

• Spreads based on a master spread normally have a group named "Master A - 2 Pages" but spread 2-3 now has Master A - Left and Master A - Right (shown in right screenshot). As a result, this spread has four frames instead of two and is a bit of a mess
  • Spread 4-5 has just Master A - 2 Pages and has only one set of frames so it looks better but the left master frame is at the bottom of the page and the right master frame is at the top of the page - these are backward from the master page layout.

Before (left screenshots) and after inserting 1 page after page 1 (right screenshots)

779759555_Screenshot2023-02-13at3_25_31PM.thumb.png.841031e5a9700b4a2b641794d061a9eb.png 1520186085_Screenshot2023-02-13at3_32_02PM.thumb.png.0d84169076288fc3bd4bceec1a46b821.png     2010880277_Screenshot2023-02-13at3_25_57PM.thumb.png.39f2d69e3e999d9a11d5982b7d1a1294.png 1327532363_Screenshot2023-02-13at3_32_23PM.thumb.png.152f07bb53568daa0a484ea78459f2fe.png

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)