You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

BUG: screen rendering jagged,misformed after some use

One of the bugs I encounter with the new publisher for iPad is that after working for a while on a document or when I switched between the publisher document and an embedded document such as a vector file. the rendering of the document is messed up it is separated in several misaligned blocks and gets worse when in zoom in and out . the only way to get rid of it is to close the publisher app and reopen the document but that isn't a guarantee it won't come back quickly. see attached photos , I used a orange green block to hide some information from the web :).

In the attached photos I opened the embedded icon of the cogs and then returned to the main document.

I work on a iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen , with iOS 16.2 , not sure if related but also have the screen resolution of the iPad set on more space

image.thumb.jpeg.c6aebe99158f4776580e56530b0a9c82.jpegimage.thumb.png.8da73a9c2a0f0ff0301779b65f5e0a8e.pngimage.thumb.jpeg.30793c936104f5ff3e5379e5c622329f.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 4:02 PM, Sean P said:

HI aranaformae,

I suspect this might be related to having the iPad set to 'More Space'. Do you mind setting this back to Normal and try again please?

Hi Sean P,

Sorry for the late reply, i did not get a notification there was a reply.

I tried setting the iPad back to standard , and i haven’t been able to reproduce the issue yet. 

With the more space enabled i got it really quickly when i go into an embedded document.

Is this something you can address in an upcoming version? I really like having my iPad set to more space , standard feels a bit too cramped to work comfortable on..

• Staff

That's not a problem! Thanks for confirming that switching back works.

I've been able to replicate this myself, and can confirm that when using 'More space' the renderer breaks after editing an embedded document and then when returning to the original document.

I'll get this logged.