You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems with fonts

Dear support,

I really like your software, but bugs reported in V1 I have hoped they will be solved in version V2.

I reported this same bug in V1 but it seems nobody resolved issues. Then you persuaded me this is Windows problem, but in past 3 years no other program that exports Google fonts made such headache to as all affintyy software and I realized on formus many people report the same issue so Affitny should take care about this basic problem.

I open new document type in with Oxygen fonts, than I export it and open it again and what I get is seen below.

I installed amyn different Oxygen fonts tff otf.

Otf I can see 9 option even though I installed just 5 font types in menu but with this issues.

Tff fonts yorks only regular even though I installed 3 types of fonts Light and Bold also, but they do not appear in font menu.

Please help and solve this...

2023-01-26 12_58_03-Affinity Publisher 2.png

2023-01-26 12_59_37-Affinity Publisher 2.png

2023-01-26 13_00_05-Affinity Publisher 2.png

11 hours ago, AKreativec said:

I installed amyn different Oxygen fonts tff otf.

Otf I can see 9 option even though I installed just 5 font types in menu but with this issues.

Tff fonts yorks only regular even though I installed 3 types of fonts Light and Bold also, but they do not appear in font menu.

Do not install both OTF and TTF versions of the same fonts - this will cause conflicts in Affinity applications.

Seeing "9 option" is the result of having multiple versions installed.

"I installed just 5 font types" does not make sense.
Google fonts only has three styles for their OFL version (TTF).
Adobe fonts has four styles for their commercial version (OTF).

Fonts from other places may be broken.
For example the four OTF fonts from Font Squirrel have broken names (with name conflicts), the vertical metrics need to be fixed, and the four fonts do not all have the same character set.
And they have virtually no kerning at all (12 pairs).
Do not use Oxygen fonts from font download sites.

11 hours ago, AKreativec said:

but they do not appear in font menu

Often when multiple versions are installed and causing conflicts, Affinity applications will sometimes show nothing.

Not sure what the first two images are supposed to show, but
the third image which looks like characters on top of each other is often caused by installing multiple versions of the same fonts, or without un-installing the old versions first (and making sure the files are gone), and ending up with multiple versions of the font files in the Fonts directories.

Un-install all the fonts, then check both the Windows Fonts folder and your User Fonts folder, and delete any Oxygen font file leftovers.

Then install one version of the fonts (which is not broken).
I do not have the Adobe Fonts version - so I have not checked it.
The Google Fonts version is fine.