You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wine bottle neck tag / hanger

masterofninja

Hi all

First submission. I thought I'd share this wine bottle neck tag / hanger - it can be used in other bottle types if you wish!

My reasons for creating this is that I wished to send presents (bottles of wine) but reduce waste (Christmas wrapping paper is not recyclable apparently). Making your own wine bottle tag was a good compromise - and easily recyclable. You can get coloured paper from the shop, print the hangers, cut them out, and then use. Additional ways to customise that I have used are silver and gold coloured pens to go over some of the text.

You can change the text in the main box. I did have icons of gingerbread men and snowflakes around the text, but they were not free for me to share - however I think you can download your own icons and customise the tags as you want. Further it might be worth doing a test print, as you may need to customise the actual holes to fit over the bottle of wine.

I've put additional lines on the paper so if you have a paper guillotine to do sharp cuts of the paper or card you print these on. The holes for the wine bottles I fold over and cut. In future I'm going to see if I can get a punch cutter to make it quicker to cut out the holes.

I share these as free to use and customise, as long as any such customisations are themselves shared for free - i.e. don't sell this on!

This was created in Affinity Designer version 1.

Hope everyone gets some use out of these, and if there any comments do reply!

bottle neck hanger.afdesign

Welcome to the Forums, @masterofninja!   Guess we are all set for Christmas 2024!  Thank you.  I was a bit puzzled at first, but then figured that I'd better color a wee bit of the stroke on one tag just to see what I had there.  (Helps with scissors!)   Just to be on the safe side, I opened your file in Designer V.1 first.  When I opened it very successfully in Designer V2 the lines were beautifully visible without adding any black.  

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Glad you liked it. It's a nice touch for a present and saves wrapping paper.

The lines aren't thick to make them not noticable once cut. I printed on quite dark red paper, so once cut you'll never know those lines were there. If you do a lot of tags I would encourage getting a paper guillotine: the lines are actually for lining things up with one of these.

If you live in the UK my recommendation is Hobbycraft for nice paper/card and a guillotine. Still trying to work out how to obtain a suitable sized punch to make clean holes...

@masterofninja  i have a trusty, rusty “guillotine” known in years of yore as a paper cutter.  Not sure it would enjoy trying to do the curve though.  As for the suitable sized punch . . . . .

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

4 hours ago, jmwellborn said:

Not sure it would enjoy trying to do the curve though.  As for the suitable sized punch . . . . .

Hmm, you can alter those to get just that rect style to print here (rect with hole) though on strong thicker paper ...

90-avery-zweckform-ordneretiketten.jpg.a16399d336c4d2e6cfb5e07115ebca42.jpg

... and then take one of these for making the final holes ...

locher1.jpg.c79fa684dc0434c5aa3e930ace7e7c0c.jpg

locher2.jpg.c80c4beeb3360bda9c4f9a05337f0090.jpg

Or instead just print on such ready white ones ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2