You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Maintain typographic stylistic options across all new text boxes?

Hello, I'm just wondering if it's possible to have Designer (or Publisher) maintain my OpenType stylistic choices across all new text boxes created across the program, or do you have to set your preferred options on each document?

It looks like Designer maintains stylistic sets across all new text boxes created in each individual document, but is there any way to set a default for the font so it does the same thing in every new document?

Thank you!

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 07.52.48.png

Hi AVC, I'd never tried this before but it doesn't look like the program will do this. I tried setting my Typography options and then choosing Edit > Defaults > Save and while it saved the font I chose, it didn't save the Typography options I chose (Old Style figures). And besides, that would just be for this one font and wouldn't allow you to save a default configuration for other fonts.

Your best bet might be to create a character style for each font set up the way you like and then choose Save Styles as Default from the Text Style panel's menu. That way the style will be available in all future documents you create.

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

32 minutes ago, MikeTO said:

Your best bet might be to create a character style for each font set up the way you like and then choose Save Styles as Default from the Text Style panel's menu. That way the style will be available in all future documents you create.

Cheers

Nice idea, thank you, I'll give it a try!