You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Snapping shifted off-grid

using ver 2.0.3 WIN 11
When manipulating points on a shape or scaling a shape with snap to grid ON and the grid visible snapping is substantially offset from the grid.

To reproduce this:

Create a new document.

Create a new master page.

Create a box on the master page with the rectangle tool

Convert it to curves, and add some points, move them around however you want.

Add a few pages.

Pick a page (any page) and under layers right click on the master layer and click "Edit detached"

Scale the curve waaay DOWN VERTICALLY using the Move tool

Click "finish" on the right side of the teal "editing master detached" bar at the top of the window.

Right Click the Master layer on that page and click  "edit detached" again.

grab some points using the direct selection tool and try to move them around.

***You can no longer snap points on this object to the grid vertically.  It's permanently offset to an invisible grid which is not aligned to the actual grid. Duplicate this item, delete the original and even the duplicate will have these strange traits.  The instances of the master object on other pages will still snap just fine, but scale and adjust them and you'll encounter similar snapping errors. 

I'm encountering this shifted snapping even more now and scaling doesn't seem to factor into it in other instances.  It is still occurring while editing detached from a master, but seems to occur with almost any vertical adjustment with the node or move tools.

Further snapping issues in publisher 2: snapping is shifted off grid vertically in pages even when not working detached from master.  It's occurring with shapes, curves and nodes, but really inconsistently.  Sometimes things will snap properly and then later they won't. Once something is failing to snap to grid it never goes back to being back on grid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Ben King,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums & our sincerest apologies for the delayed response, we are exceptionally busy following our V2 launch, many thanks for your continued patience and understanding here.

I have tested your workflow shown in your recording in 2.0.4 Windows and I'm not able to replicate the same behaviour currently - can you please try this again for me in the latest update and let me know if this still occurs for you? :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!