You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Drum leaf binding (one sided photo paper)

I think this is a very basic question, but I don't know enough about the software to be able to use the right search terms to find the tutorial I need.  I'm planning a drum-leaf bound book of photography.  This method uses single sided photo paper, which is folded into folios, and the "backsides" of the folios are glued to each other.  IOW, when you open the book cover, and flip past the end papers, you arrive at page 1 visible on the right. Page "2" and "3" are stuck together, and then page "4" and "5" are visible (but they are actually page 2 and 3, if that makes sense).  I'm trying to understand if there is a way to set up my project so that Affinity understands this is what I'm doing, or if I need to think up a way to force it.  I anticipate several issues, like getting pagination right, and dealing with design elements that carry across pages, etc.  Can someone direct me to the right section of the manual or a tutorial?  Thanks!

Hi @colinml,
welcome to the Affinity forums!

As the printing is not double-sided, the pages do not need to get imposed for printing. You do not need to take this type of binding into account when setting up the layout, but you will export / print 2-page-spreads (not pages as usual). Therefore your layout will not have any extra blank pages or spreads for this binding, and page numbering will be done as usual.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1