You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Won't export to PDF - Disappearing imbedded eps

Tedstoffers

Bad 2022 Year in Review.afpub

I was working on this document. Its has an imbedded eps file in it. For some reason it disappeared, so I put it in there 2 more times. I couldn't export to .pdf. This was with 2.0.0 version, and didn't want to update since I had to finish this major project. 

I deleted the disappeared .eps files and it exported well. Just sending a copy hoping this can solve the problem. The failed export message was "An error occurred while exporting to:/Users/ted/Desktop/Bad 2022 Year in Review.pdf". That doesn't help.

Otherwise the program is looking good. 

Can we check off warning in preflight, if they aren't a problem? This document is full bleed, but we get "Bleed Hazard Warning" that won't go away.

Hi Ted and welcome to the forum, the EPS file in your document is linked, not embedded, so without it the issue can't be reviewed.

There were fixes for the Resource Manager in 2.0.3 so I really recommend that you install version 2.0.3. I can't guarantee that it will fix your issue but it's worth trying as it's solved a lot of issues.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)