You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer 2.0.0 closes unexpectedly every time, no crash report on the path, updated graphics card drivers, installing Affinity Designer 2 Customer Beta 2.0.3.3

I have not been able to generate any work with the software since I bought it, when i opens, it is open for a few seconds and it closes, it does not matter if I navigate in the program or leave it open without manipulating. I already deselected the openCL and the same problem continues. I can't do much more as the program doesn't stay open for more than a few seconds.

There is no crash report on the path.

Updated graphics card drivers QUADRO K620

Installing  Affinity Designer 2 Customer Beta 2.0.3.3 the problem remains the same, there is no change, select OpenCL checkbox or not, the same error persists

Nombre del dispositivo    4ndr3-dd
Procesador    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
RAM instalada    24.0 GB (23.9 GB utilizable)
Id. del dispositivo    C2A3366A-1900-4FE0-A1B6-358B5C733659
Id. del producto    00326-10000-00000-AA321
Tipo de sistema    Sistema operativo de 64 bits, procesador x64
Lápiz y entrada táctil    Compatibilidad con entrada manuscrita

38403585_Capturadepantalla2022-12-10095958.jpg.10fe258f4da8d2e38b70c6c045d1a8e6.jpg

affinityCrash.jpg.06bfa76c100d3f87cf798db6d7d15aec.jpg.30ea95de4acc958d74740abd272acb09.jpg

No-crashReport.jpg.22bbbd4c98a5eaad40e47391d0f7a7de.jpg.da03efa49e95cebc9f0f63f754eb8187.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi @andre gaona,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I assume the behaviour is the same with 2.0.3 retail as it was with 2.0.3 beta - can you please confirm this for me?

If this is still occuring, I'd like to request a copy of your event viewer log, as this should hopefully contain more information for us. To generate this please do the following:

1. Open Windows Run (Windows Key + R), type the following and click OK - eventvwr
2. In the window that opens, select the Windows Logs drop-down list on the left and then Applications
3. With the Applications logs selected, navigate to the right side of the window and select Save All Events As... and save them as .evtx (the default option).
4. Attach this saved file to your reply here.  

Can you also please confirm that none of the following apps are installed on your PC?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

@Dan C Not the OP, but this happens to me after enabling pointer support - crash on startup all the time, using the latest version from MS Store. Currently relying on the BETA instead without enabling pointer support. (Using a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio)

Log Name:      Application
Source:        .NET Runtime
Date:          19/01/2023 12:27:10
Event ID:      1026
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      StudioLaptop
Description:
Application: Designer.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointPropertyInfo..ctor(System.Windows.Input.StylusPointProperty, Int32, Int32, System.Windows.Input.StylusPointPropertyUnit, Single)
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerStylusPointPropertyInfoHelper.CreatePropertyInfo(POINTER_DEVICE_PROPERTY)
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDeviceInfo.TryInitializeSupportedStylusPointProperties()
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDeviceInfo.TryInitialize()
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDeviceCollection.Refresh()
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerLogic.get_TabletDevices()
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerLogic.PostProcessInput(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.ProcessInputEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.RaiseProcessInputEventHandlers(System.Windows.Input.ProcessInputEventHandler, System.Windows.Input.ProcessInputEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(System.Windows.Input.InputEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseDevice.ChangeMouseCapture(System.Windows.IInputElement, System.Windows.Input.IMouseInputProvider, System.Windows.Input.CaptureMode, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseDevice.Capture(System.Windows.IInputElement, System.Windows.Input.CaptureMode)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonDown(System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, System.Windows.RoutedEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseDownThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(System.Windows.Input.InputEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(System.Windows.Input.InputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr, System.Windows.Input.InputMode, Int32, System.Windows.Input.RawMouseActions, Int32, Int32, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at Designer.Application.Main(System.String[])

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-01-19T12:27:10.8232233Z" />
    <EventRecordID>18373</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="7832" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>StudioLaptop</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Application: Designer.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointPropertyInfo..ctor(System.Windows.Input.StylusPointProperty, Int32, Int32, System.Windows.Input.StylusPointPropertyUnit, Single)
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerStylusPointPropertyInfoHelper.CreatePropertyInfo(POINTER_DEVICE_PROPERTY)
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDeviceInfo.TryInitializeSupportedStylusPointProperties()
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDeviceInfo.TryInitialize()
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDeviceCollection.Refresh()
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerLogic.get_TabletDevices()
   at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerLogic.PostProcessInput(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.ProcessInputEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.RaiseProcessInputEventHandlers(System.Windows.Input.ProcessInputEventHandler, System.Windows.Input.ProcessInputEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseDevice.ChangeMouseCapture(System.Windows.IInputElement, System.Windows.Input.IMouseInputProvider, System.Windows.Input.CaptureMode, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseDevice.Capture(System.Windows.IInputElement, System.Windows.Input.CaptureMode)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonDown(System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, System.Windows.RoutedEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseDownThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(System.Windows.Input.InputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr, System.Windows.Input.InputMode, Int32, System.Windows.Input.RawMouseActions, Int32, Int32, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at Designer.Application.Main(System.String[])

</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Edited by FutureLarking

• Staff

Hi @FutureLarking,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

From the looks of your log provided, you are using Affinity Designer V1 and not Affinity V2, just to confirm - can you please open the Affinity app, navigate to Help > About and let me know what version number is shown here please?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

19 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi @FutureLarking,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

From the looks of your log provided, you are using Affinity Designer V1 and not Affinity V2, just to confirm - can you please open the Affinity app, navigate to Help > About and let me know what version number is shown here please?

Many thanks in advance :)

I can't get that far in the app as any input results in instant crash, but it's definitely Designer 2 as the last line says. (I also don't have Designer 1 installed so it can't be that)

Faulting application name: Designer.exe, version: 2.0.3.1688, time stamp: 0x639bc655
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.963, time stamp: 0x766ca8ae
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00000000000906bc
Faulting process ID: 0x0x234C
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D92CCAE57AEAC6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SerifEuropeLtd.AffinityDesigner2_200.3.1688.0_x64__844sdzfcmm7k0\App\Designer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 3159a086-c456-4fa4-9ec0-d5576d1b0515
Faulting package full name: SerifEuropeLtd.AffinityDesigner2_200.3.1688.0_x64__844sdzfcmm7k0
Faulting package-relative application ID: SerifEuropeLtd.AffinityDesigner2

Designer2Crashes.evtx

• Staff

Apologies, thanks for confirming that for me and for providing this file - I've logged this with our developers as a bug for you now :)

Please note -

Many thanks!