You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy text from frame > paste to new frame - let the new text retain its position

I'm unsure why you'd want to remove the title from the frame but if your intention is to create a new text object at the same position as the text was in the frame, that's not something that there's a one-step command for. You're copying text to the clipboard, not a text object, so Publisher doesn't know where to put it except in the centre of the screen.

Because the text you want is at the top of the frame, you could just duplicate the frame and delete all of the text following the first line. Then edit the original frame and delete the first line, being careful to keep the remaining text starting where you want. It gets more complicated if that heading was in the middle of the frame.

Someday when Affinity has scripting it might be good to write a script to break a frame into two at the current cursor position, automating this manual chore.

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Couldn't Affinity incorporate XY position metadata too, just like a text style, font, etc. is some sort of metadata. I don't think this is impossible, as I think I have seen it elsewhere. Would have to double check with Illustrator/ Indesign's cut and paste in place.