You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Book Layout Templet?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You're not limited to Publisher templates - google IDML book templates and you can open those, too.

When I decided to create a book and chose Publisher I looked for book templates but I couldn't find one that I'd be happy using. Most of them had poorly thought out style sheets and I decided it would take me more time to fix them than to create a template from scratch. Creating my own template was an excellent way to learn Publisher's intricacies and I'm glad now I didn't try to make one of those templates work.

But if you want a template to get started, I suggest googling for IDML book templates. Most of them will say InDesign of course but as long as they're in IDML format you can open them in Publisher.

Good luck!

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

What I sometimes do, is to go through the bookshelves in my home and studio, and find something that I particularly like and find fitting to a particular work.

I then try to imitate that design, adapting it to my needs. I've seen that most of the designs I like the most are not available among the templates on offer on the web. It might also be a cultural matter, since most of the books in my house come from a different age and from a country that has not been, in the latest decades, much influential in the publishing sector.

Paolo

• 2 months later...
On 12/1/2022 at 6:48 PM, MikeTO said:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You're not limited to Publisher templates - google IDML book templates and you can open those, too.

When I decided to create a book and chose Publisher I looked for book templates but I couldn't find one that I'd be happy using. Most of them had poorly thought out style sheets and I decided it would take me more time to fix them than to create a template from scratch. Creating my own template was an excellent way to learn Publisher's intricacies and I'm glad now I didn't try to make one of those templates work.

But if you want a template to get started, I suggest googling for IDML book templates. Most of them will say InDesign of course but as long as they're in IDML format you can open them in Publisher. I was looking for similar book templates. It's great that you can open them without any restrictions. Now I'm working on a research paper and these materials can be very useful for me https://edubirdie.com/coursework-writing This source also helps me with this. It's important for me to prepare as well as possible, so I decided to make every possible effort for this.

Good luck!

I was looking for similar book templates. It's great that you can open them without any restrictions.

Edited by oldschooler