You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Installing Nik 5 in AF 2 Problems

I'm trying to install DXO Photolab 5 in AF 2.  Followed instructions in AF Help under Using Plugins.  I run MacOs Monterey.  Here were my steps:

1.  Installed NIK plugins in my Applications Folder, then followed instruction to manually install in AF2. 

2. The attached 2 screenshots show the results.  The third shows changes to color preferences just in case this is the cause.  Not sure.

3. I've done something wrong, but can't figure out what.  Please advise

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 10.22.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 9.55.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 10.10.14 PM.png

They are the apps, not the plugin. I'm on Monterey, with Affinity Photo 2 and NIK 5 installed.

As part of the NIK install there is a point where it lists host applications, at this point you need to point to Affinity Photo's plugin folder. see the screenshots below.

image.png.e1498675cd784cfa0f3db07d44d14b2f.png

image.png.96f850c379643a895188bbfd51f90c68.png

The Affinity Photo plugin folder is located at Username > Library > Application support > Affinity Photo 2 > Plugins

While in Finder or when you click on the + to point NIKs installer to the plugin folder, you can show the hidden Library folder by pressing Shift + Command + . (Full Stop) This is a toggle command so repeating the keystroke again will hide the revealed hidden folders.

Once you have added Affinity Photo's plugin folder to compatible host applications window you can click on Install. The Affinity Photo plugin folder is listed as an Adobe Photoshop Custom 1 folder.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions