You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No line break with Shift+Return key command

This is an issue with Affinity Publisher v2.0.2 (although it showed up on v2.0.1 as well). When I am in ‘Frame Text’, the Shift+Return key command produces a full paragraph return, instead of a simple linebreak. I am running iOS 16 and have tried this with both the magic keyboard and the iOS-driven interface keyboard with the same result.

I have been able to replicate this with Affinity Designer v2.0.2 and Affinity Photo v2.0.2 (both on the iPad) as well. This functionality works just fine on the regular Mac OS (laptop) versions of the v2 Affinity Suite.

25 minutes ago, poeticperspecti said:

the Shift+Return key command produces a full paragraph return, instead of a simple linebreak.

I can confirm, OS 15.7.1.
Same with the Logitech Combo Touch keyboard.

That said, you can still insert line breaks via Document menu ("hamburger") > Insert > Breaks

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

On 11/20/2022 at 1:40 AM, loukash said:

That said, you can still insert line breaks via Document menu ("hamburger") > Insert > Breaks

That takes 4 taps. A quicker option, is to find the icon that looks like a grid with a © symbol in it. It will be at the left of the text entry autocorrect panel that's visible at the bottom of the screen when you're editing in a text frame. Or, if you're working with the on-screen keyboard, it will be at the top left of the keyboard.

Tap on that and you'll be taken to a panel with buttons for the various breaks and also, as you scroll right, for fields, maths and other special characters, non-breaking hyphens, etc. All useful stuff The line break button is the first one in the panel. 
So that's two taps. 

It appears you'll need this panel for certain other special characters, such as non-breaking hyphens, non-breaking spaces, soft hyphens, etc. for which none of the regular keyboard shortcuts appear to work, as well as for various kinds of spaces of special widths (em-space, hair-space, and so on)

• 2 weeks later...