You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher on iPad - Can't apply single master page to spread

Mooxo

On the Mac, it's easy to apply only the left or right page of a Master Page spread to the left or right page of a spread. I can't figure out a way of doing this on the iPad. Each way of applying the Master Page as described in the manual applies the whole Master Page spread to the whole page spread (ie you get left and right pages, whether or not you want them both). This is not always what you want / need. Am I missing something, or is this an oversight?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mooxo,

it is also possible with facing master pages. After applying a master page to a layout page you have to go to the layers panel, choose your master layer, choose layer options and then you will find an option to apply the master to either the right page, left page or both pages.

Unfortunately, the master objects on the other side are still somewhere hidden in the background, so if you have any text frames with an paragraph style with automated numbering across the complete document (I tried to use this for automated picture numbering in a multi page document with multiple layouts for different), they will be included in the numbering and I have numbers skipped in my final document. So if you by chance happen to come across a solution for this „feature“, I am happy for any help!

image.png

Edited by Markus M

1 hour ago, Markus M said:

Hello Mooxo,

it is also possible with facing master pages. After applying a master page to a layout page you have to go to the layers panel, choose your master layer, choose layer options and then you will find an option to apply the master to either the right page, left page or both pages.

Unfortunately, the master objects on the other side are still somewhere hidden in the background, so if you have any text frames with an paragraph style with automated numbering across the complete document (I tried to use this for automated picture numbering in a multi page document with multiple layouts for different), they will be included in the numbering and I have numbers skipped in my final document. So if you by chance happen to come across a solution for this „feature“, I am happy for any help!

image.png

I see. 
So….create your Masters (even Spread)…then if desired…Select Page > Layers - Master > Layer Options > Master Placement (left/right/both)…including Scaling and Anchor options.

‘Nice, got it …thanks!