You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashing when using Data Merge

nwendt

Hi,

I used Publisher successfully for the first 3-4 days some weeks ago, but then from one day to the other it started crashing every time I try and make changes to the main document or the data merge. It doesn't seem like it is a specific action that crashes it, sometimes I adjust a text box, sometimes I just try to close the merged document and the whole things crashes.

I can see that there are quite a lot of issues reported with crashing following windows updates. I reinstalled the program once already, and also went through the list mentioned in this post, but none of those updates show in my list (attached below).

What is my course of action here?

image.png.53411a0727cdf154cedc72547bd5163e.png

image.png.f0a56a52d0bf85332a081297a4055be3.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @nwendt welcome to the forums,

A simple way to confirm if your data merge crash issue relates to the Windows updates is to open any of the apps and then try and entering text into the font selection box, if your software crashes this will indicate the problem update/issue is present on your system.

If you are experiencing the crash when following the above it could be KB5020613 on your updates list, so I would initially suggest removing this one, rebooting and then checking if the font box crash is fixed.

We should have an update available soon for V1 which should address this issue (as stated on the newspost below) and will remove the need to uninstall any updates, however I can't give an ETA when this will be.