You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer 2 for iPad is crashing and it’s not saving progress.

Make sure to create a fresh file each time to prevent any potential issues. Many times, the files themselves can be the culprit. Let me share an example: I was using a photo editing application to enlarge an image. Without thinking, I made a duplicate of that file and unknowingly began using it for a completely different design. Soon enough, the app began to malfunction, constantly crashing and displaying glitches. It was only then that I realized that the app was struggling to keep up with the previous canvas enlargement. In a stroke of intuition, I promptly deleted the troublesome file and started afresh. Like magic, everything returned to normal and the app was once again functioning flawlessly.

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

It's only a duplication of artboard, I duplicate artboard and change it a little bit, delete pic, adding text, moving object a little bit. And crashed, i've tried to make a new artboard instead of duplicating. Same crash. I've tried to copy artboard to a new file, the same crash. I don't know why, it works well before, the same scenario too. Duplicating artboard, even the previous project is a much bigger size and complexity.

10 minutes ago, albertkinng said:

Make sure to create a fresh file each time to prevent any potential issues. Many times, the files themselves can be the culprit. Let me share an example: I was using a photo editing application to enlarge an image. Without thinking, I made a duplicate of that file and unknowingly began using it for a completely different design. Soon enough, the app began to malfunction, constantly crashing and displaying glitches. It was only then that I realized that the app was struggling to keep up with the previous canvas enlargement. In a stroke of intuition, I promptly deleted the troublesome file and started afresh. Like magic, everything returned to normal and the app was once again functioning flawlessly.

@Sulaiman_ Please navigate to the Accessibility settings and attempt to adjust the display to a smaller scale in order to better fit your screen. Specifically, reducing the size of the text and other visual elements may resolve the display issues you are experiencing. I hope this suggestion proves helpful.

2 minutes ago, albertkinng said:

@Sulaiman_ Please navigate to the Accessibility settings and attempt to adjust the display to a smaller scale in order to better fit your screen. Specifically, reducing the size of the text and other visual elements may resolve the display issues you are experiencing. I hope this suggestion proves helpful.

Actually, those settings are normal. It was a cropped screenshot.

the size is normal, and it works well before, and I didn't change it

1 hour ago, Sulaiman_ said:

it works well before,

Regardless of its past performance, discovering the issue is my primary focus. I will proceed by adjusting the size and verifying whether the issue persists.

9 hours ago, Sulaiman_ said:

I did, still the same, keep crashing

Hey there, my friend! I can suggest a course of action, but just a heads-up, you'll be the one in charge of your device, not me. If you're at your wits' end, a factory reset of your iPad could be the solution to your issue. Make sure you've got your iCloud backup all squared away and your Apple ID handy before you dive in. If everything's ready, navigate to Settings > General > Reset, and start fresh with your iPad. Pop in all your details, let the factory updates run their course, then download and install only the Affinity App from the App Store. If it runs smoothly, great! But if it crashes again, it's likely a hardware issue, and your next stop should be the nearest Apple Store..

21 minutes ago, albertkinng said:

Hey there, my friend! I can suggest a course of action, but just a heads-up, you'll be the one in charge of your device, not me. If you're at your wits' end, a factory reset of your iPad could be the solution to your issue. Make sure you've got your iCloud backup all squared away and your Apple ID handy before you dive in. If everything's ready, navigate to Settings > General > Reset, and start fresh with your iPad. Pop in all your details, let the factory updates run their course, then download and install only the Affinity App from the App Store. If it runs smoothly, great! But if it crashes again, it's likely a hardware issue, and your next stop should be the nearest Apple Store..

Okay, thank you