You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The brush that should have been switched on the display has not been switched

satopian

At first glance, it looks like the brush is switching, but when I looked carefully, the content of the brush stroke was not switching.
I attached the video.

For example, when I double-click a brush to display the settings screen, it switches to that brush.
Also, sometimes it switches with single-click, sometimes it doesn't.
I tried. In addition to resetting the brush, resetting 5 settings.
Windows ink on/off.
Hardware acceleration on/off.
I've tried everything and it doesn't work.
If it is reproduced only in my environment, it may be because the pen tablet is xppen deco01 v2.
Were non-Wacom tablets not supported?
If so, I apologize.
However, it worked fine with AffinityPhoto 1.x, so I hope it works as well.
xppen driver version
https://www.xp-pen.jp/download-441.html
Windows 7/8/10/11
XPPenWin_3.3.10.220926

OS Windows11 22H2
Thank you.

Edited by satopian

I am having the same issue in Designer V2, among other brush issues. A similar issue in Photo is that with the same color selected, if I switch to a new brush, it changes the color of my strokes. I had a neutral gray selected, no hue, and with one brush it would be gray, but change brush, and it turned blue when I drew, but showed gray as the color selected. Blue wasn't even the secondary color, either.

The brush engine across apps is just not behaving as expected at all. In Photo V2 it is completely unusable for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @satopian welcome to the forums,

I have a couple of queries on your issue:

- Does this happen no matter which brush pack is used or does it happen when switching between any two brushes?

- Does this only happen when you're switching between brushes on your tablet?

As stated on the help guide below the apps don't officially support non-Wacom tablets, however that doesn't necessarily mean that they should not function at all.

https://affinity.help/photo2/English.lproj/pages/Extras/penTablet.html

I'll see if I can get access to a similar tablet model to yours and replicate, however it may not be possible without your exact environment setup and tablet/driver.

40 minutes ago, NathanC said:

Hi @satopian welcome to the forums,

I have a couple of queries on your issue:

- Does this happen no matter which brush pack is used or does it happen when switching between any two brushes?

- Does this only happen when you're switching between brushes on your tablet?

As stated on the help guide below the apps don't officially support non-Wacom tablets, however that doesn't necessarily mean that they should not function at all.

https://affinity.help/photo2/English.lproj/pages/Extras/penTablet.html

I'll see if I can get access to a similar tablet model to yours and replicate, however it may not be possible without your exact environment setup and tablet/driver.

>Does this happen no matter which brush pack is used or does it happen when switching between any two brushes?

This issue occurs with any brush's category.

>Does this only happen when you're switching between brushes on your tablet?

Yes.

There is absolutely no problem with brush switching behavior when using the mouse.

>I'll see if I can get access to a similar tablet model to yours and replicate, however it may not be possible without your exact environment setup and tablet/driver.

xppen driver version
https://www.xp-pen.jp/download-441.html
Windows 7/8/10/11
XPPenWin_3.3.10.220926

Windows 11 22H2

The black brush strokes are from the mouse.
The selected brush content is reflected in the brush stroke.
The blue strokes are from xppen deco01 v2.
On the screen, it looks like the brush has been switched, but the contents of the stroke may or may not switch.
Therefore, I can't work because I don't know which brush is currently selected.

In this screen, the brushes are quite customized, but I'm also trying a clean install of AffinityPhoto v2.
I have confirmed an issue where switching between brushes is not reflected correctly even with the default brush.
I wrote clean install, but it is
1. Uninstall AffinityPhoto v2
2. Delete C:\Users\user\.affinity\
3. Reinstall AffinityPhoto V2
This is because I thought that perhaps a completely clean installation should have been completed in the process.

And I didn't inherit V1 settings.
I have also tested with no DUAB brushes or other purchase options loaded to confirm this issue. 

Edited by satopian

• 2 months later...