You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Licence not recieved through App Store

Lerato

Same here, bought universal license via iPad, got the apple invoice so they have my money. Got not mail from Serif which I may have expected as the acquisition seems to go through them even if I initiated from apple store. Activating from the app with my account says there is a problem. Logging in to my account shows no license... cannot use the applications. Same on MacOS.  I opened a ticket but got a standard reply it may take time... 

This is by far the experience we expect from apple store... 

Read the FAQ etc... no answer (yet) to this kind of issue.

• Staff

Hi @Lerato & @wanderer1111,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

17 hours ago, Lerato said:

I've just purchased Affinity Designer 2 on my Ipad and I still can't access the app?

What happens when you launch the app please? screenshots of any dialogs you are seeing would be helpful here.

You will both need to register the purchase from within the Affinity app, to link the purchase to your Affinity ID.

Please open the V2 Affinity app where the Universal License purchase was made, then navigate to the 'My Account' section.
Here you will see an option to 'Register' the purchase to an Affinity ID - where you can use an existing Affinity account if you already have one, or create a new ID.

Once you've registered the purchase with your Affinity ID, simply sign into the other Affinity apps using this ID and the license will be activated.

6 hours ago, wanderer1111 said:

Activating from the app with my account says there is a problem.

Are you able to provide a screenshot of this for me please?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hello,

Launching the application on the ipad I get the following screen, no option i see to enter without passing this step 

And activating is impossible see other screen. I would create another account  but there is no option on that screen... only the option to sign in...

Restore purchase doesn't work ...

Tried on the mac and it doesn't work either... from there i created a trial to be able to enter application (as i read somewhere) and after logging in i see only the plug ins of my V1 and the trial license with option to buy... nothing about registration or similar... and the trial is not active on the ipad it seems as it request to activate...

So to sum up on iPad I cannot go further than the screens below, and on Mac OS I have nothing at my disposal to link to my account or link to my appleid or else...

Usual uninstall / reinstall doesn't work either...

Again, the purchase transaction took place as I just got the apple invoice this morning.

Thx.

Cheers

IMG_72DD6EE967EB-1.jpeg

IMG_FCA8A3A83652-1 2.jpeg

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 15.04.23.png

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that for me - within Affinity Designer 2 on iPad (where you bought the Universal License) can you please select the 'Buy Now' option - this should force refresh your account and detect the purchase from the App Store, you should not need to actually complete the purchase again.

Does this now allow you access to Designer 2 iPad, such that you can register it with your Affinity ID? :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Many thanks for trying that for me - can you please open your iPad Settings app, then select your Apple ID account in the top left corner, then select 'Media & Purchases'. In the dialog that opens, select 'View Account', the scroll down and select 'Show Purchase History'.

Can you please provide a screenshot showing the purchase here for me? :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thank you for that - this shows you purchased the Universal License from within Affinity Photo macOS and not Affinity Designer for iPad.

As mentioned above:

Please open the V2 Affinity app where the Universal License purchase was made (Affinity Photo V2 macOS), then navigate to the 'My Account' section.
Here you will see an option to 'Register' the purchase to an Affinity ID - where you can use an existing Affinity account if you already have one, or create a new ID.

Once you've registered the purchase with your Affinity ID, simply sign into the other Affinity apps using this ID and the license will be activated.

Please note -

Many thanks!

I am sorry, but when I launch the application on Mac OS I get exactly the same behaviour, it requires activation that fails as on the ipad. I cannot enter the application and therefore reach the Register option you mention

When I click on the go to account i get the attached error message

And I am pretty sure I purchased via ios... but indeed i activated a trial on Mac OS in order to try reaching the account from the app... 

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 20.27.19.png

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 20.25.55.png

Ok, It works now. I retried via iOS to apply the "buy again" procedure you mentioned on photo app . And this time, I got another screen allowing me to log in as "existing user" once i cancelled the pay request. And it accepted my log in this time and the registration process worked for other app on iOS and MacOS.

Thank you for the support Dan.

For the people having same kind of issue

- be sure what platform you made the purchase

- be sure to register on the SAME application you purchased if you go for the universal => i think this was my initial mistake

Cheers

• Staff

I'm very glad to hear this, many thanks for letting me know! :D

Please note -

Many thanks!