You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher for iPad: Fonts not loading

Publisher for iPad doesn’t seem to be loading system fonts, which are available in Affinity Designer and Photo for iPad.  They show in the list but when selected don’t work. Attached are pics of an identical document in Publisher and Designer (PT Sans is the correct font, which fails when selected on Publisher).  Anyone know how I might solve, as a publishing app without fonts is pretty useless!

9A16AC96-A0C8-440F-8299-24E8BA31473A.png

492662EA-5958-4B92-B66C-2488CDA3B016.png

Edited by Mork handley

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Mork handleySorry for the delay, we're very busy at the moment.

By any chance are these fonts installed from Adobe Creative Cloud? If not can you confirm if they've been installed from another location if so which. The reason I ask is that we have an issue logged that is the same as this.

Hi Lee,

No they’re not via Adobe, they’re google fonts installed directly on the iPad Pro 12.9 (via iFont application). They all work perfectly on Designer and Designer 2, and Photo and Photo 2, but not Publisher 2. 

My post was weeks ago and since then I’ve managed to get them to work, but the font name they display is something chinese (possibly displaying the default replacement font name, even though the correct font is now loaded and appearing in the document). 

Another concern is that if the font naming is wrong, what will happen when I try to export PDFs packaged with the wrong font name?

This is one of a number of problems that make Publisher 2 unusable for me at this time, even though I’m dying to finally be able to replace Pages with a professional app.  The biggest of these is that, as it can’t import iWork docs - which I think most people have been using - you have to create PDFs to get any docs into Publisher, and by default the app splits all paragraphs of text into hundreds of individual lines of text boxes, and there’s no option (as there is on the desktop version apparently) to ‘Group Lines of Text into Text Boxes’, making it impossible to edit text, which isn’t good for a publishing app!

If I can’t see my fonts properly, and there’s no way to get documents into the app in a way they can be edited, the app is useless to me.

It’s been weeks since I, and others, posted about the PDF import issue and no-one from Infinity has responded, so if it would be great if you could!

thanks

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "[iPad] Fonts installed from creative cloud show on context toolbar with name in Chinese " (REF: AFD-6170) has been improved by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1736".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.