You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

image processing of multiple raw files like photoshop

On 11/19/2022 at 4:57 AM, carl123 said:

See if this works for you for batch processing RAW files

I am working on it right now, looks like it's working. I am doing a huge batch of 53 RAW stack photos, which is the ultimate test. I am saving them as TIFF outputs.

So far seems to work good but and that's a big one it takes an eternity compared to Photoshops batch process called Image processor.

I have noticed that RAW image processing takes a looong time even for single files when you click the develop button. Why is that?

I am working in Windows 10 PRO 64 bits, 32 GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz   2.81 GHz so when using Photoshop etc it works much much faster.
This is not only annoying but feels like a slp in my face as everyone is talking about the speed and non demanding software AP etc are. The performance is the opposite in my eyes.
Are there some settings to improve speed in AP

4 minutes ago, LAMF64 said:

I have noticed that RAW image processing takes a looong time even for single files when you click the develop button. Why is that?

Not sure but there is currently a bug in V2 with loading RAW files taking longer than V1 this is due to Noise Reduction being applied at the wrong time.  This may affect the speed that the batch job runs. So, you may get a better speed result once they fix that bug. More details on that one here

10 minutes ago, LAMF64 said:

Are there some settings to improve speed in AP

In Edit > Preferences > Performance you can adjust the RAM the app uses & enable Hardware Acceleration (if that is stable on your system)
Work on local SSD drives

For the batch job you can enable Parallel Processing (if that is stable on your system)

Let us know how the batch job goes

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

4 hours ago, carl123 said:

In Edit > Preferences > Performance you can adjust the RAM the app uses & enable Hardware Acceleration (if that is stable on your system)
Work on local SSD drives

Ok thanks for the heads up there about the bug.

Yes I've been laborating wit this but unfortunately my NVIDIA Quadro M1200 is not enough even though it works great with PS which is quite annoying. I thought AP was less demanding, at least so I've heard but that is not the fact when not having a brand new CP obviously. Bought mine December last year...