You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mac App Store and Family Sharing for v2 Universal

I am interested in downloading the v2 apps from the Mac App Store and purchasing the Universal license. But it is not clear to me whether the Universal license can be shared with my Apple Family. The app store only says that "some" in-app purchases may be shareable. Can Affinity confirm that the Universal license can be shared via Family Sharing from the Mac App Store?

I'm interested in this as well.

I think Apple's App Store used to just show if family sharing is set for each in app purchase description.  Sadly, no more, so we are all awaiting the answer from the Affinity team.

Edited by cdubois

While I would like an answer to this as well, one option would be to use the same Affinity account on each machine since that would have the universal license attached to it, but I would prefer to just use the IAP and family share it as my proof of purchase. It probably works for the individual app IAP, but the Universal license IAP can't be seen from the other apps (ie. if you buy the Universal IAP in Photo, its technical a different IAP in Designer), hence needing to tie the purchase to an affinity account.

If you can family share the Universal License IAP you could have up to 5 (or is it 6) people that could create their own Affinity account with a universal license, which might not be intended.

There's a couple other threads on the issue - reading the license it seems like MAS Family Sharing is outside of the license terms (multiple machines that you own/control), but apparently "some' IAP can be shared across Apple IDs so who knows.

For a couple machines you could probably buy the universal license from Serif and then activate direct downloads and not have anything flagged regardless of different Apple IDs associated with them, but that would have some level of risk involved.

Serif itself doesn't describe it's licenses in a consistent manner, so there's a lot of confusion over this at the moment:

Hi, same here. I purchased v1 and share it with my daughter, now, when she click on download from my purchase items (in Apple Store), she gets a message like this, "Coming Soon".  I already bought a Universal License. So, my question is if it's family shareable.  Thanks