You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Format/Feature issues in the same Version while opening

samyo

Hi,

I can't open a publisher file I saved under Version 2 for Mac on Ipad. It says, that there are features to a newer Version of Publisher which are not supported under the Ipad version. How could that be?!

And is there in general a way to save files from V2 in V1, meaning some kind of legacy file format support for export? I'm really afraid to start bigger projects if there is no way to get content out of publisher if something else goes wrong.

Cheers!

image.png

I fixed the issue! Thanks! There was an illustrator file involved that led to the issue I believe. I saved it differently and it worked!

But still, is there a way to not just import from Indesign but also to export to Indesign or an publisher V1? I don't want to, but if I need to?

CHeers

• Staff
1 minute ago, samyo said:

But still, is there a way to not just import from Indesign but also to export to Indesign or an publisher V1? I don't want to, but if I need to?

We can't export as an Indesign file and also don't have a legacy export option to create a V1 file.  However, i will pass this feedback on, as a legacy saving option seems to be getting suggested a lot.

Was excited to see the ipad publisher, but my main Mac design station has MacOS 10.9 so I can't use the new version on it and have other legacy software that I need to use. I would like to be able to export from Ipad publsher to a version 1 file so I could work remotely and share the files with my main Mac station.