You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hey all - 

In the last week or so I seem to be having a ton of issues printing and exporting to PDF, and I was wondering if anyone else has had any problems?  Generally, I would see printing being an issue local to my machine, but I struggled along with this issue for two weeks thinking I had corrupt documents or bad fonts or something when it was a known issue and thought I'd reach out here. 

When I send a job to print or export to PDF then the progress bar moves along, but it's excruciatingly slow (which is new, previously it was relatively quick). Sometimes the jobs finish, but I left one running over night and it hadn't completed 6 hours later.

• The Affinity file is only 25mb big and I have worked with much larger files, so I don't think it's a file-size issue
  • It's happening with multiple files, and I have rebuilt the original file I was working with, so I'm not sure it's file specific
  • It's happening on both my home machine and my work laptop, so I don't feel like it's machine specific.

I'm about to uninstall/reinstall wanted to check with the hivemind before doing that.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue with Affinity Designer V2.... Most of the time I can't get my PDFs to export at all, or if I do it takes 30+ minutes for a single file that's under 2 MB..... other times they export within a few seconds. They're all very similar files with similar sizes, all using the same settings when exporting. I tried to use the old version of Affinity to see if that makes a difference, but since I utilized some of the V2 tools it wouldn't let me open the file. I'm WAY past a deadline and I still have about 30 files to export. I don't know what else to do at this point but I REALLY need a solution. I took a screenshot of my export settings but for some reason I cannot attach it. the button to attach files just says "loading..." and I can't click it.