You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

5x7 prints cropped with Mac airprint driver

Using a Canon G1220 printer with Affinity Photo, I have created a custom paper size for 5x7 prints.  I found out the hard way that setting the "user defined" printable margin can not be set to 0mm.  I have set them to 6mm for all sides.  Using the print dialog in Affinity Photo the "Scale to Printable" does nothing - it assumes the 5x7 setting is borderless and ignores the 6mm non-printable margin.  Range is set to "Entire Document".  The "Scale to Fit" works fine on the same file using the Apple Preview and Apple Photos app.  When printing from Affinity Photo it is like the custom margins have been set to 0mm.  I have reset the printer system and re-installed Affinity Photo.  I can print the full image if I use "Scale" set to 95%, but not using the "Scale to Printable".  I am using a 2017 Macbook Pro Intel OS 10.15 Catalina.  I have attached the 2100x1500px JPG file and a scan of the print with the cropped image (note no blue border on the print).  Any help with this situation would be much apprecitated.

Edit:  Apparently this is a known issue? 

Dima 2009 -5x7 dr.jpg

5x7 Fit to Printable.jpg

Edited by CanaDave
Known issue?

On 7/27/2022 at 2:30 AM, Callum said:

As far as I'm aware fit to printable and shrink to printable should just scale the document to fit the page size defined by your print driver at this point in time there is a known issue with these features ignoring printer borders but this shouldn't prevent the feature from working altogether.

Thanks
C

Is my situation a known issue?

Edited by CanaDave