You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher closing after deleting layer

KamaT

Hello,

I have following problem and I couldn't find the answer on Internet.

If I add layer then there's no problem, there's also no problem when I hide the layers. But every time when I delete layer whole Publisher crashes regardless of number of layers in files (I created fresh file added layer - ok, delete layer - crash).... I use Windows 10 and Nvida 1660 Ti on Laptop. 

• Staff

Hi @KamaT,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums and we're sorry to hear you're having trouble!

I can confirm we're aware of crashing issues occurring in Affinity apps on Windows, since the latest Windows .NET update.
Please see the following FAQ for more information here, including steps on how to uninstall this update and stop the crashing:

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know and I'm sorry to hear this!

I'd like to request a few more files in order to confirm the exact cause of this, can you please:

1. Open Windows Run (Windows Key + R) and type the following - eventvwr
2. In the window that opens, select the Windows Logs drop-down list on the left and then Applications
3. With the Applications logs selected, navigate to the right side of the window and select Save All Events As... and save them as .evtx (the default option).
4. Attach this saved file to your reply here.

Secondly, please open Windows Settings and select Update & Security, then View Update History - with this open, please take a screenshot and attach this here for me also.

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff
5 minutes ago, KamaT said:

5.png

Thanks for providing these for me! I can see in the above screenshot that KB5017858 is installed, which is one of the known updates causing issues, listed in the above FAQ.

This is also confirmed in your Event Viewer log, which shows the app crashing in .NET (which the aforementioned update is for):

image.png

Can you please try removing this update from your PC, restart the system and then try using the Affinity app? This should hopefully resolve the crashing behaviour for you :)

Please note -

Many thanks!