You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sublimation

I am not sure where to have posted this, so if it's in the wrong place forgive me.  I have recently started doing Sublimation using both Affinity photo and Designer using a Sawgrass SG500 printer and joined a Facebook Forum group just under 60,000 members on Sublimation for inspiration and further knowledge. The admin of the group is a strong advocator of using the Affinity designer program and lots of members have taken up her online courses on how to use Designer after purchasing the program. Several others who are members of the group are asking about an alternative to Adobe products and the overwhelming response is Serif Affinity Designer or Photo.  Just thought I would let Serif know about the promotion of the programs round and about.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3447) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

Sawgrass needs to catch up with the times then because their User Guide says CreativeStudio, Corel or Adobe products are required for "high quality prints and correct color output."  The guide also says Sawgrass "may limit support to customers who do not use the specified software."

I have an older Sawgrass printer and have been looking at possibly upgrading.  Since I want something that will work with Affinity products, I have been looking elsewhere.

Fortunately for me I can use AP, AD along with Legacy Serif DrawPlus and Pageplus with my Sawgrass SG500 with no problem, I don't use the creative studio much but that seems to work as well with no problem for me.  I have one PC connected via USB and another on wifi.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3447) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1