You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some files are suddenly disappearing

Suddenly I lost some files I've been working on. I dunno what happened, the night before I worked with AP and it's just fine, then the next morning when I wanted to continue working, suddenly I got 3 files I've been working on  last night suddenly deleted/disappeared, and some other projects also got disappeared. One thing I remember is, that morning before I continued working, I open Photos App and deleted some files, it counted about 120 something photos, then I opened my AP, ---- suddenly my newest projects just deleted/disappeared.

I check my Ipad Storage -> specifically Affinity Photo to make sure whether I lost the data files or not, but it still having 50GB of files, so it's not deleted right? But I can't find anything on my AP documents. So how I recover those files? Any tips? Please help, since those all my clients work :((

Here I attach what's going on on my AP Ipad

b64a8614-7cbd-40b8-8c59-9f8b6aa42ea0.jpg

5aaa1313-448d-4dd7-b357-e5c07ad8ac8f.jpg

e447a387-bd71-434a-bba0-83f8d74cb38c.jpg

48dafd3e-7a32-4431-b835-d76923915c6d.jpg

Edited by hailfounders

• Staff

Hi @hailfoundersand Welcome to the Forums,

The images you deleted from the Photos app, where they being used in the projects in Affinity?

Due to the sandboxed nature of iPad apps, getting to the files in the app is rather tricky.  If you have access to a MacBook or iMac, then the steps on this post may help you recover some work. I'd also suggest having a read of this article which shows you how to create a shortcut to backup your work, which i'd always suggest doing for anything important as when things do go wrong on the iPad version its not always possible to recover the file, due to how the file system works.  

Thanks Stokerg for quick reply, I think there's just few photos I used on the Projects, but yeah I kinda assumed there's something related with it that made AP crashed,..anyway I use Windows, but there's iMazing for windows as well, so I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tips Stokerg. I hope I can recover the urgent project.