You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Solid black VS 4C Black problem

Hello everyone,

I continue to have this problem: I set the black for the txt as SOLID black (see picture), but the printer told me it was 4C Black! :( I do not understand where I am getting it wrong? can someone help me, please? I attached the picture of the pdf settings too. 

P.s.
I usually select the black for the TXT from the menu on the top left, near the txt fonts, etc, As I did here, and it always worked

Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 11.22.26.png

Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 11.23.51.png

What are the color settings for your document, prior to the Export? Is it also set to PSO Coated V3?

You can see it in the Color tab of Document Setup for Designer and Publisher, or in Document > Convert ICC/Color Format for Photo.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi, 
thanks for your answer: the original colour setting prior to export is CMYK/8 US web coated (SWOP2), the export colour profile is PSO Coated (FOGRA51)

Do you think this problem is generated by the different of the colour profile? Usually I work with generic CMYK and then, when I know the colour profile used by the printer, I generate the pdf using that specific one... and I never had problems till today.

thank you so much

Andrea

Yes, I think it's because of the color conversion during export. 

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, Andrea Aste said:

I will change the colour settings of the original file and export it, and let's see if this solves the problem!

You're welcome.

Note that if you change the format of your existing document, you may need to reset the black text to 0/0/0/100 again.

-- Walt
PC: