You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Odd image placement on tab selection

I have a couple of images open in Affinity Designer 1.10.5.1342 on Windows 10x64.

I zoom out so I can see the whole image then I change to the other tab and then back again and the image is no longer zoomed out so I can only see the bottom corner.

When when changing tabs does it not remember the zoom level?

You can see from the attached images - before.png is when I zoom to see my entire image then after.png is when I switch to another tab then switch back again.

Andy

after.png

Before.png

Welcome to the forums @Andy Fraser

Switching between images keeps the zoom as expected for me on Windows 10, Designer 1.10.5.1342.
It’s difficult to see what’s happening from your attached still images as we don’t really have much information.
Would you be able to provide a video so we can better see what’s going on?

4 hours ago, Andy Fraser said:

When when changing tabs does it not remember the zoom level?

In both your screenshots, the zoom level is 1112.5% -- note that it says that in parentheses just after the document name below the context toolbar.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7