You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trying to use a Macro I created crashes AP

The macro I made is to create a white pixel layer under a selection, merge the two layers together and take them out of the group where they were. It worked very well when I created it, but then I made it available in the library and today it crashes AP every time. At first I though that the huge size of the imported Photoshop document was the culprit, but I tried with some random very light image from the internet, added a layer in a group, like all the files I have to deal with, made a selection, and as soon as I click the macro, AP disappears.

1. I am using the latest release version.
  2. I can reproduce it.
  3. It happens with any document.
  4. Windows 10, GTX1070, Hardware acceleration deactivated in preferences, but it still crashes when activated.
  5. I saw a list of software that seem to cause problems when they are present, but I have none of those.

Problem macro.afmacro Problem Demonstration.afphoto

• Staff

It's also crashing for me, even if some/all of the steps are removed. Without knowing the exact record process it may be difficult to narrow down the cause.

Can you try recording the macro again but also recording the screen at the same time so I can see the whole process.

In reference to the included document, any particular reason for the layer structure?